Working with batteries
WARNING: Follow all safety instructions included with your power cell and on the power cell itself. Do not attempt to dismantle the unit’s battery under any circumstances. To dispose of your battery, follow the instructions provided with it.
To remove the battery:
- Power down the unit.
- Open the access hatch by depressing the DAX/2 or NS logo.
- Press on the battery to eject it.
- Remove the battery.
To install the battery:
- If the unit is on, power down the unit and open the access hatch by depressing the DAX/2 or NS logo.
- Position the new battery at the entrance of the battery hatch.
- Press firmly on the battery to trigger the loading mechanism. You will hear the transformer inside the battery socket make its connection.
- Close the hatch.
To check the battery’s power level:
- Via the remote console, type the following: power status
- Via the display screen or teletype interface, select status from the main menu or from the subsystem control menu.
To power on your unit, press on the outer ring surrounding the battery hatch. The battery hatch is the area of the controller with the logo on it.
To power down your unit:
- Via the remote console, type the following: off
- Via the display screen or teletype interface, select shut down from the main menu.
read more Auxiliary power
see full hierarchy